Here's what's happening Sunday...
We're in the middle of a sermon series on the Gospel of John. We're calling it "Life-Changing Encounters With Jesus," because we believe that Jesus was more than just a good man, a skilled teacher, or even a moral leader. We believe He is the Messiah, the Son of God, and therefore that He can and does bring change to our lives. The biggest way He does this is by forgiving our sins, made possible by His death on the cross. It is our hope that others will see this truth about Jesus as well, and that He will change their lives too.
If this interests you, we'd love to have you join us this Sunday to hear more.
Our services usually look like this:
- we sing several songs, led by our Worship Team, that declare truth about Jesus and His kingdom;
- we have several opportunities to pray together: prayers of praise, confession, accepting God's forgiveness, thanksgiving, and bringing our concerns to the Lord to ask for His help;
- we hear Scripture read aloud throughout the service, so we know that the truth we proclaim is not a figment of our own minds, but comes directly from God's Word;
- we listen to a sermon based directly from Scripture. This week Pastor Josh will be preaching on the story of Jesus healing a blind man, from John 9:1-41. Take a few minutes to read it before Sunday, and see what God might be trying to teach you.
- we also have time after the service to get to know each other over coffee and bagels.
Hope this gives you a sense of what to expect this Sunday. The service starts at 10 AM; we'd love to see you there!